Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Monday

More of the same, but a light breakfast this time. Not that anything is wrong with the food, but there is the annoying fact that you must eat by a certain time or miss breakfast altogether. Outside the resort there is food galore, but an all inclusive vacation is paid for up front, and dammit, you want your money's worth.

It's hotter this morning. Humid and a bit sticky which I guess is a good excuse to hit the pool chairs even earlier. And so we did, from about nine thirty to half past one. I'm plastering myself with sun tan lotion as it doesn't take long for me to go from cafe latte to chocolate milk. Actually, this already happened after the first day in the sun, so I am trying not to become invisible at night.

Lunch comes and goes in a blur of paella, beef, fries, fish, salads and ice cream, and then we head back to the room. We need a rest from all this eating. Apart from walking about and the occasional dip in the pool, only our jaws are getting any exercise.

That sun just won't quit though, so off to the beach and to our spot. Luckily it's still available, and I rediscover a simple pleasure - swimming underwater for as long as my lungs allow. No waves this day, and that's okay as it is ideal for swimming further out to sea. I'm about 60 meters from the shore and can stand easily enough, only needing to keep my head above water. The sea is a little colder today but it has been the hottest day so far, so for once I am thankful for colder waters.

Meanwhile, Cat is roasting on the beach, and after the third time out it is time to head back for a Long Island Iced Tea, a Piña Colada and the shade of an umbrella.

Think we'll just sit here with the sun going down till dinner time.. 

No comments: