Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Sunday

Breakfast time. Only 2 days and the theme is already clear: Food. And how much of it you can consume will take up half the day. Thankfully they do vary the breakfast options so at least everyday you can try something else. 

Poolside, same spot, and I guess this will be our routine for the next 5 days. Not sure if we will venture anywhere else but to the beach, but I am looking forward to the cool breaking waves, continuously pounding the surf, and being away from the pool. If it wasn't for my book I wouldn't even be at the pool for more than 5 minutes. The waves here are caused by the pounds of bellies hitting the chlorine surf and sending big ripples every which way.

Still, I like people watching behind the safety of my sunglasses.

1:30 - lunch time. Hmm. The thought of more food after sitting in this heat isn't so appealing, but lunch service ends in an hour so it might be best to get it over and done with. But first, a dip in the pool. And now I get it. A little swim in that cool water makes the previous hour's roast seem like a distant memory, and now, back on the pool chairs under the sun, the reheating begins again. It can be addictive, and for some it obviously is, but doing this day after day still doesn't make sense to me.

But a pool can never compare to a sandy beach and crashing waves, and we had the best time so far after lunch, spending a couple of hours on the shore. Perhaps tomorrow we will venture further down the coast and see if it gets even better.

Back to hotel for some rehydration, light drinks and ice cream. No more swimming today. Read, relax and then... dinner. I don't think I have ever eaten this much food in two days. Not that I am showing any weight gain, and I don't feel bloated, but I can't remember what it is like to even feel hungry. 

No comments: